The Umpteen Benefits of Running
‘The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again’ – Erma Bombeck.
Well, running and jogging is one of the simplest yet effective form of exercise, acting as a great cardiovascular workout. Both are considered as a natural form of exercise and can be performed anywhere and by people of all age groups. But most importantly, running is a habit that needs to be developed at an early age. The beauty of running lies in the fact that it is under your dominion i.e. controlled by you, you can go fast or jog, move in any direction and even feel the wind rubbing against your body.
- Keeps fit and helps lose weight – Running and jogging is probably the best way to to burn calories without the use of extensive equipments. It also increases your metabolism, even when you aren’t running.
- Improves your sleep – Running impacts overall body movement, making you exhausted and thus ensuring a good night’s sleep. According to a research, insomniacs fell asleep in 17 minutes on the days they ran, compared to 38 minutes when they didn’t.
- Enhances your mood – Running will enhance your mood, making you feel better. By setting and achieving the running goals, you will feel empowered, ultimately leading to boost your confidence and self esteem.
- Strengthens bones and muscles – Running helps in strengthening the muscles as well as the density of your bones. Running and Jogging are aerobic exercises that make you physically stronger.
- It reduces stress – Running boosts your energy levels and releases alpha waves in your brain, making you feel relaxed. Running is incredibly beneficial for your mental health and spirits.
Running teaches you to always push yourself forward especially in the most difficult times and with the array of benefits it offers, what’s stopping you? It’s time for you to go running!