Ranji Trophy: Dhawan back with a bang, as opener scores 100 for DelhiDecember 26, 2019, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- India opener Shikhar Dhawan made a solid return from injury, scoring a thrilling hundred at home to take Delhi to 269/6 at the close of play in their Ranji Trophy third round match against Hyderabad on Wednesday.
- Dhawan, captaining Delhi in this game, waged a lone battle for Delhi after returning from an injury layoff and was unbeaten
at137 at the close of play. None of the other batsmen crossed 30. Pacer Mohammed Siraj dented the Delhi batting order with two early wickets after Hyderabad opted to bowl first.
- Mumbai 114 (Suryakumar Yadav 39, Jay Bista 21; T Pradeep 6/37) vs Railways 116/5 (Arindam Ghosh 52*, Karn Sharma 24*, Deepak Shetty 3/20).
- Tamil Nadu 149 (B Aparajith 61*, V Ganga Sridhar 43; Ishwar Pandey 6/26, Avesh Khan 2/34) vs Madhya Pradesh 56/3 (Rameez Khan 23*, Rajat Patidar 13; T Natarajan 2/23).
- Bengal 241/4 (Abhishek Raman 110*, Manoj Tiwary 46; CV Stephen 2/60) vs Andhra.
- Karnataka 166 (Karun Nair 81, Shreyas Gopal 27; KD Singh 5/37, Rishi Dhawan 3/27) vs Himachal Pradesh 29/3 (P Khanduri 14*, Pratik Jain 2/11, Koushik V 1/10).
- Uttarakhand 117 (Basant Mohanty 6/17) vs Odisha 98/3 in 39 overs (Biplab Samantray 35*, Shantanu Mishra 30*).