Rajasthan royals finally bagged their 1st victory in IPLApril 3, 2019
Match 14: Rajasthan Royals (RR) v/s Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- RR finally bagged their 1st victory in IPL over RCB by 7 wickets at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
- The match final decision was based on the penultimate ball where Rahul Tripathi won it for Rajasthan with a six.
- Rajasthan chased down the target of 165 runs in 19.5 overs and got their first two points of this season.
- Parthiv Patel and Virat Kohli got RCB off to a strong start after Ajinkya Rahane invited the visitors to bat first in the game. The duo added 49 runs for the opening wicket.
- Parthiv played a sensational knock of 41-ball 67 to power RCB to a challenging total of 158/4 in 20 overs.
- En-route his sublime knock, the left-hander notched-up his 12th IPL fifty and almost single-handedly plundered the RR bowlers.
- Kohli and AB de Villiers were once again bamboozled by Rajasthan spinner Shreyas Gopal, who took the duo’s wickets in the same match for the second time in IPL history. He earlier claimed their wickets last season in Bengaluru.
- Chasing a target of 165 runs, Ajinkya Rahane (22) and Jos Buttler (59) got RR off to a flyer with an opening stand of 60 runs. Buttler top-scored for RR and was once again the star for the hosts with the bat.