On 5th day of IPL : MI defeat RCB by 6 runsMarch 29, 2019, Mumbai, Bangalore
Thursday IPL match was between Mumbai Indians(MI) and Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB). Toss of the day was won by RCB and they decided to bowl first. The match was won by MI by 6 runs.
Highlights of the day:
- Virat Kohli became 2nd batsman to score 5000 runs in IPL.
- Yuvraj Singh batted on 4th position, nudged around the first few balls to get going. He waited for spinners to come and as Yuzvendra Chahal introduced he goes 6,6,6.
- Skipper Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock gave a flying start to the Men in Blues. The right-hander looked in his elements with some glorious strokes to the fence. He slammed 8 fours and a six; with a staggering 79.16% runs in boundaries out of a total of 48.
- From 142 for 3 to 147 for 7, MI were sliding quickly courtesy Chahal’s aggressive bowling. The spinner wasn’t afraid of giving enough loop to his deliveries and kept it wide outside the off stump to entice the aerial shots from the batter. As a result, he got rid of Yuvraj, Suryakumar Yadav, and Kieron Pollard to leave MI tottering.
- 19th over by Bumrah, it was an over of the highest quality.
- Malinga held his nerve to defend 18 runs in the last over.