Kento Momota aiming to return at All England tournament after being injured in car crash

January 14, 2020

BadmintonKento Momota

  • Badminton men’s singles world No 1 Kento Momota could be out for two months after being injured in a car crash that killed his driver just hours after he won the Malaysia Masters Super 500 event on Sunday.
  • The 25-year-old Japanese suffered cuts and bruising in the accident near Kuala is aiming to return at the All England Championships on March 11, said Kinji Zeniya, secretary general of Japan’s Badminton Association on Tuesday.
  • told reporters that Momota, who won a record 11 titles last year had “extraordinary enthusiasm towards the Olympics” this year in urged Japan’s home gold medal hope to take time to recuperate fully.

Related Post

Leave a Reply