Jatin shines in gymnastics meetJuly 29, 2019, Chandigarh
Manav Mangal School’s gymnasts claimed the overall winner’s trophy on the concluding day of the 2nd District Gymnastics Championship today. Bhavan Vidyalaya School claimed the second position, while the team of Blue Bird High School claimed the third position.
In the boys’ U-12 floor exercise, Jatin claimed the top position by scoring 6.70 points. Aditya Kaushik finished second with a score of 5.50 points, while Aarush Partap Singh scored 4.80 points to claim the third position. Kaushik won the vaulting table event by scoring six points, followed by Jatin (5. 40 points) at second position and Rudra Sharma (5 points) at third. In roman rings, Arav Jindal (3.80 points), Sandeep (3.10 points) and Rudransh (2.70 points) claimed the top positions. Kaushik won his second gold in the horizontal bar by scoring three points. Parth (2.70 points) and Manvinder (2.50 points) won the silver and bronze medals, respectively. Rudra (4.10 points), Tanuj (3.50 points) and Ashman (3 points) were the top three finishers in the pommel horse event.
In the boys’ U-14 category, Rahul Bakshi (5.50 points), Mayank Kumar (5 points) and Shivam (4.30 points) claimed top three podium positions in the floor exercise event. Shivansh (6 points) claimed the vaulting table event gold, followed by Bakshi (5.70 points) and Sajal (5 points). Lokesh (3.10 points) won the roman rings event, while Kanav Gupta (2.80 points) finished second and Varun (2.40 points) finished third. Bakshi won his second gold in the horizontal bar event with a score of 3.50 points. Vansh (3 points) and Shivansh (2.60 points) were the silver and bronze medallists. Kanav Gupta won the pommel horse event by scoring 3.40 points, followed by Shivam (3 points) and Vansh (2.50 points).
Riya wins two gold
Riya claimed the floor exercise gold by scoring 5.80 points in the girls’ U-11 category. Sarika finished second with 5.60 points and Mohavi Chad claimed the third position with a score of five points. In vault, Riya (5.80 points), Liza (5.10 points) and Riya Malik (4.50 points) claimed the top three positions. In the balancing beam, Mahi (4 points), Mohavi (3.50 points) and Ruhi (3 points) were the top three finishers.
Mehak (6 points), Jeevan (5 points) and Navya (4.50 points) claimed the top three positions in the boys’ U-13 floor exercise. In vaulting table, Mehak (5.80 points), Navya (5 points) and Samridhi (4.50 points) were the top three finishers. Mehak (5 points) won the gold in the balancing beam event, with Vanni Kaushik (4 points) and Samridhi (3.50 points) finishing second and third, respectively. Earlier, on Saturday, Arav Jindal had scored 14.60 points to claim the gold medal in the boys’ 9 to 11 years individual aerobic event. Aahan scored 11 points to claim the second position and Agam scored nine points to remain third in the championship. In the girls’ category, Sarika (14.80 points), Divyanshi (14 points) and Saiyesha (11 points) claimed the top three positions.
In the girls’ trio event, Arav, Sarika and Divyanshi (12.60 points) claimed the top position, while Aahan, Misthi and Agam (10.40 points) finished second. Gaurangi, Saiyesha and Mahi (9.30 points) finished third.
- Floor exercise: Shubhangi (6 points), Aanandita Sharma (5.80 points), Prisha (5 points)
- Vaulting table: Aanandita Sharma (5.50 points), Nandita Manav (5 points), Riya (4.50 points)
- Balancing beam: Aanandita Sharma (4 points), Sonali (3.50 points), Gaurvi (3 points)
- Floor exercise: Shashank Singh (6 points), Vikram Singh (5.50 points), Aditya Mishra (5 points)
- Vaulting table: Davender (6 points), Shashank Singh (5.70 points), Aditya Mishra (5 points)
- Horizontal bar: Aditya Mishra (7 points), Shashank Singh (6.70 points), Aman (6.30 points)
- Roman ring: Davender (6.20 points), Shashank Singh (5 points), Mohit (4.50 points)
- Acrobatic (pair): Devinder & Mohit (8 points), Bagesh & Vikram (7.50 points), Arpit & Aman (6 points)
- Women: Rhythm & Prisha (7.30 points), Nandani & Kashish (6.20 points), Gauravi & Roohani (6 points)
School: Bhavan Vidyalaya, Manav Mangal School