ISRO holds young scientist programme for Class IXFebruary 25, 2020
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is going to organise a ‘Young Scientist Programme’ from May 11 to 22. Students studying in Class IX will be able to participate in the programme, for which the ISRO will select three students from each state and Union Territory.
- Performance in Class VII: 60 pc
- Prizes in school events conducted by school or education board from year 2016 onwards: 10 pc
- Winners of district/state/national/international level sports activities conducted by the school or board from 2016 onwards: 10 pc
- Scouts/guides/NCC/NSS members during current academic year: 5 pc
- Studying in rural school: 15 pc
During the programme, students will be able to interact with scientists who will share their experiences in their respective fields. Students will also visit laboratories. Practical and feedback session for students will also be arranged.
The head of a government school from the district said they had sent applications of two students and were hopeful that one of them would be selected.
“It will be a good opportunity for students as this programme is aimed at imparting basic knowledge on space technology, space science and space application. The main aim behind the programme is to create awareness among the younger generation and thus has been chalked out by the ISRO,” h