Ishaan & Jasraj shines in Badminton ChampionshipDecember 11, 2019, Ludhiana
Ishaan Chawla and Jasraj Singh stole the limelight, clinching two titles each in the boys’ section in the Ludhiana District Open Sub-Junior Badminton Championship held at Shastri Hall, near Guru Nanak Stadium in Ludhiana on Tuesday.
Ishaan won titles in the boys’ singles and doubles categories in the U-11 section while Jasraj Singh romped home victorious in the boys’ singles and doubles groups in the U-13 section.
Mohinder Singh Grewal, president of the District Badminton Association, Ludhiana, gave away prizes to the position holders. Office-bearers of the association and parents of the players were also present there at the prize distribution function.
- Girls doubles (U-11): Upneet Kaur and Prabhnoor Kaur beat Ananya Nijhawan and Janya Mago 21-17, 21-11. Girls singles (U-11): Prabhnoor Kaur beat Ananya Nijhawan 21-13, 21-10.
- Girls doubles (U-13): Saanvi Nautiyal and Vaasvi Singal beat Ramandeep Kaur and Karul Tyagi 21-14, 21-14.
- Girls singles (U-13): Vaasvi Singal beat Saanvi Nautiyal 21-9, 14-10 conceded. Girls singles (U-19): Alish Pathania beat Trisha Mahajan 21-16, 21-12.
- Boys doubles (U-11): Ishaan Chawla and Stawan Jain beat Raghav Bhatia and Aditya Sharma 21-19, 21-19. Boys singles (U-11): Ishaan Chawla beat Stawan Jain 21-15, 21-8.
- Boys doubles (U-13): Jasraj Singh and Gagandeep Singh beat Manik Joshi and Vaibhav Sharma 21-3, 21-17.
- Boys singles (U-13): Jasraj Singh beat Naman Narang 21-12, 21-16.
- Mixed doubles (U-19): Rajveer Yadav and Guntaas beat Amanpreet Singh and Tehzeb 21-16, 22-20.
- Boys doubles (U-10): Krish Chadha and Roshan Deosuza beat Ayush Narang and Yogeshwar Narang 21-13, 21-17.
- Boys singles (U-19): Ayush Narang beat Krish Chadha 22-20, 21-18.