IPL on 31st MarchApril 1, 2019, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore
Match 11: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) v/s Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Toss won by Royal Challengers Bangalore and they decided to bowl first.
- SRH defeat RCB by 118 runs.
- Jonny Bairstow and David Warner smashed sensational centuries to guide Sunrisers Hyderabad to a comprehensive 118-run win over struggling Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Englishman Bairstow struck 114 from just 56 balls while Warner carried his bat for a 55-ball 100 in a record 185-run first-wicket partnership to post a mammoth 231 for two after being put into bat. Bairstow punished RCB with 12 fours and seven sixes while Warner hit five fours and as many sixes in his 55-ball knock.
- With a gigantic target to eclipse, RCB needed a rollicking start but the visitors’ chase never got going as they kept on losing wickets to be bundled out for 113 in 19.5 overs. It was RCB’s third consecutive loss in the tournament, while Sunrisers registered their second win out of three games this season.
Match 12: Chennai Super Kings (CSK) vs Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- CSK prevailed on top of RR, at M.A.Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai (Chepauk), as the visitors failed to chase down 176. Riding on MS Dhoni’s unbeaten 75 (off 46 balls), along with important contributions from Suresh Raina and Dwayne Bravo, hosts recovered from a poor start.
- CSK openers were rusty from the onset. Shane Watson and Ambati Rayudu looked in off colours and paid the price with early departures. While Rayudu tried to be cheeky, by making room outside off stump, to edge one to Jos Buttler, Watson was outfoxed by Ben Stokes’ change in pace. RR were on top and dictated terms from thereon till the halfway mark.
- Raina fell for a sedate 32-ball 36 when he missed a slower ball from Jaydev Unadkat. However, he had contributed in CSK’s recovery by then. The left-hander was looking in his elements in what was his 150th match for CSK in the tournament. He is the most capped player in the IPL (179) with 29 coming for now-defunct Gujarat Lions (GL).
- Above all, Raina amassed 6000 T20 runs on Indian soil before getting out. His tally is the highest-ever by a batsman in one country.