ICC Test rankings: Kohli reclaims the crown, as Steve Smith drops to 2ndDecember 24, 2019
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli will end the year as the top ranked batsman while Ajinkya Rahane slipped a rung to be seventh in the latest International Cricket Council Test rankings issued on Tuesday.
- Kohli (928) remained 17 points ahead of Australia’s Steve
Smith whooccupied the second spot while New Zealand skipper Kane Willamson (864) ends the year at number three.
- Cheteshwar Pujara (791) retained his fourth
place butRahane, who slipped to seventh, was replaced by Pakistan’s Babar Azam.
- India’s Ravindra Jadeja, meanwhile, remained at number 2 behind Jason Holder of the West Indies among Test all-rounders.
- In the ICC World Test Championship, India stands on top with 360 points, way ahead of Australia (216), Pakistan (80), Sri Lanka (80), New Zealand (60) and England (56).