BCM Arya emerged as ‘Best school’ in chess championshipDecember 9, 2019, Ludhiana
The students of BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School, Shastri Nagar, bagged maximum titles to emerge as the best school in the Sub-Junior Ludhiana District Chess Tournament that concluded in Ludhiana on Sunday.
Amrit Indo-Canadian School and Sacred Heart Convent School, Sarabha Nagar, finished at second and third place, respectively. Over 200 players from as many as 17 schools competed in the U-7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 years during this two-day tournament, organised by the Ludhiana District Chess Association. The first three position holders in each age group were given cash prizes worth Rs 11,000, besides certificates.
Dr Paramjeet Kaur, Principal of BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School was the chief guest on the concluding day.
- U-7: Shivaan Sikka (first), Medhansh Lal (second) and Adhav Gupta (third).
- U-9: Tejbir Singh (first), Pranav Bansal (second) and Partik Saini (third).
- U-11: Yaman (first), Prisha Nano Sehgal (second) and Gunraj Singh (third).
- U-13: Makul Singhal (first), Brahmasees Makkar (second) and Jindal Tanush (third).
- U-15: Devansh Negi (first), Parmarth (second) and Ishdeep Singh (third).