Ankit outplays Rahul, enters second roundDecember 14, 2018, Chandigarh
Local pugilist Ankit outplayed Rahul Rathore of Madhya Pradesh 5-0 in the 48 kg bout during the ongoing 2nd Junior National Boxing Championship, organised by Chandigarh University Gharuan, on Thursday.
Harshal also marched ahead with a 5-0 win against Goa’s Nitesh Chawan. In other bouts, Yadhu Krishnan of Kerala was awarded walk over against Vikas Salvi of Rajasthan, while Abhinav Katoch of Himachal Pradesh blanked Vishal of Delhi 5-0. Shivam of West Bengal defeated Suraj of Chhattisgarh 5-0 and Zorammuana of Mizoram recorded a 3-2 win against Govinda of Goa.
SSBC’s Vishwamitra, the silver medal winner at the Nations Cup held in Serbia, won his opening bout against Madan Pratap Anakapalli from Andhra with a 5-0 verdict. A Naoba Singh defeated Aditya Gaut from Maharashtra by a narrow margin of 3-2 in the 52 kg weight class.
In middleweight (75 kg), Lakhmani from SSCB, a silver medal winner at the Nation’s Cup earlier this year, won his first bout against Abhimanyu Singh of Rajasthan when the referee stopped contest in the second round. Meanwhile, in the women’s 48kg weight category, local contender Kajal went down fighting against Jaishree of Haryana 1-4. Another local challenger Nadini faced a 0-5 defeat to Nikhita of Andhra Pradesh in the 52 kg weight category.
In a neck to neck tie, H Ameshori Devi of Manipur blanked Haryana’s Neha, a gold medalist of the 13th Selesian Cup in Poland, 3-2. Another Manipuri boxer Lalremsangi moved into the second round by defeating Vanshika of Delhi 5-0 in the same weight category.
Jashanpreet Kaur of Punjab fought brilliantly to register a 5-0 win against Sandhya Kesireddy of Andhra Pradesh in 60 kg weight category. Rajni of Haryana, who claimed gold medal at the second National cup at Serbia, also recorded a 5-0 win against lnanditi Goud of Haryana in a match of the 46kg weight category. Tanisha Rajpal of Uttar Pradesh lost 0-5 to Sayali Ahire of Maharashtra in the 63kg category. There were a few split decision (3-2) in favour of Kerala’s Nikhitha M Baby over her Rajasthan rival Chanchal Shekawat (48), Pumpi Gyadi of Arunachal, who accounted for Tamil Nadu’s S. Sabitha, Srijan Sharma of Himachal Pradesh winning over Jharkhand’s Nisha Kumari and Maharashtra’s Sakshi Jagdal repeating the decision against her Goan opponent Shrisha Jampulla in different weight classes. Against expectations, Goa’s Tanisha Chawan got a RSC-I decision against Sunita Gouda.
- 50kg: Aarti Jaglan (Haryana) bt Puja Pandey (Jharkhand) 4-1, Mahima Vishwkarma (Uttarakhand) bt Anju Devi (Karnataka) 5-0, Kifayth Aafreen Mohd. (Andhra Pradesh) bt Isha( Himachal Pradesh)4-1.
- 48kg: Jaishree(Haryana) bt Kajal(Chandigarh) 4-1,Tanisha Chawan (Goa) bt Sunita (Orisha) 5-0, Nikhita (Kerala) bt Chanchal (Rajasthan) 3-2, Aanchal (UP) bt Sujata (HP) 4-1, Tejas (Jharkhand) bt Pooja Kumari (Bihar) 4-1, Aayushi (MP) bt Yukar (Arunachal Pradesh) 4-1.
- 52kg: Arpita (Uttar Pradesh) bt Dimple(Himachal Pradesh) 5-0, Nikhita (Andhra Pradesh) bt Nandini (Chandigarh) 5-0, Pampi(Arunachal Pradesh) Sabitha (Tamil Nadu) 3-2, Kalpana (Rajasthan) bt Monika (West Bengal) 4-1.
- 54kg: Aarajoo (Delhi ) bt Rutuja Jadhav (Maharashtra) 5-0, Poonam (Punjab) bt Laxmi Priya Yadav Aradhya (Andhra Pradesh) 5-0, Zarine Khan (West Bengal ) bt Aanchal Suryanshi (Himachal Pradesh )3-2, Bili Mushahary (Assam) w/o Ifsha Farooq (J&K).
- 57kg: H Ambeshori Devi (Manipur) bt Neha (Haryana) 3-2, Lalremsangi (Mizoram) bt Vanshika (Delhi) 5-0.
- 60kg: Jashanpreet Kaur (Punjab) bt Sandhya Kasireddy (Andhra Pradesh) 5-0
- 63kg: Sayali Ahire (Maharashtra) bt Tanisha Rajpal (Uttar Pradesh) 5-0, Ruba Khan (Madhya Pradesh) 3-2
- 66kg: Lucky Rana (Uttrakhand) bt Krati (Uttar Pradesh) 4-0