5 brain games you must try to increase your cognitive ability
The summer holidays is the time when the kids have ample of time to play and have fun among themselves. Is the soaring temperature restricting you to go outside during the day time? Well, then why not try these amazing games in the indoor luxuries of your sweet home. The interesting fact being that these games will not only sharpen your mind but also your cognitive abilities.
So, let’s have a quick look at all these interesting games:-
- Sudoku – Sudoku is a number placement 9×9 grid so that in each row, column and further divided 3×3 sections have number placed logically from 1 to 9. According to American Alzheimer’s Association, playing Sudoku reduces the risk of having Alzheimer’s disease and magnifies logical thinking ability. The game requires focus and attention thus keeping the brain active. Fun fact – In June 2008, a trial in the Australian court stopped because 5 members of jury were busy playing ‘sudoku’ instead of listening to the evidence. Addictive much?
- Uno – A card game for two or more players Uno helps kids focus on logical thinking, forming strategy and reasoning while deciding on the choice of the card to be picked during a particular turn. P.S.- Not many people know how to play Uno. So it’s time you get ahead of the curve.
- Chess – Originated in India,Chess is the most well-received strategy game played on a chequered board with various pieces that can be moved in accordance with precise rules. The thinking skills developed by playing this game are exemplary and it is scientifically proven that playing chess increases the individual’s IQ.It gets pretty popular. According to FIDE Ratings country statistics, ( Source ) India boasts of having the following statistics in chess :-
- 17,350 total rated players
- 10,208 total active rated players
- 35 active Grandmasters
- 60 active International Masters
- 7 active Women’s’ Grand Masters
- Snake and Ladders – Rather than helping in the cognitive abilities of a person, Snake and ladders is an important source of life lesson. It mainly showcases that life is unpredictable just like the game where you can unexpectedly fall and rise but still continue till you reach your final goal, which in case of life is Death.
- Monopoly – Want to have an idea of financial planning, budgeting and saving at an early stage? Want to experience the feel of owning property while you yourself reside at your parents home? Then, monopoly is the game you should be playing right now.
So in the scorching heat of this summer, what is the game that you have chosen to play among these in the comfort of your AC? Buck up guys because summer holidays is your time to Relax, Chill and Play!