2nd Division League final round: Hindustan FC, Real Kashmir FC seal late wins

May 25, 2018

Football2nd Division League

Reference: https://www.hindustantimes.com/football/2nd-division-league-final-round-hindustan-fc-real-kashmir-fc-seal-late-wins/story-lWlQEPRnthQbZnjNv5QDMK.html

Hindustan FC and Real Kashmir FC both left it late before sealing crucial victories on the opening day of the 2nd Division League final round, at the FSV Arena in Bengaluru on Thursday.

In the first match of the day, substitute Tushar Chaudhary scored in second half stoppage time to clinch a 1-0 win for Hindustan FC over Imphal-based Tiddim Road Athletic Union (TRAU) FC.

In a game where chances came at a premium for either side, the first real scoring opportunity fell to Princewill Emeka of TRAU, who forced Hindustan FC goalkeeper Mithun Samonto into a save after creating space for a shot.

Hindustan FC’s only chance in the first-half fell to Khusant Chauhan but he failed to control the ball and the opportunity went begging.

It finally took Tushar’s late intervention for the club from the national capital to seize all three points.

In the second game of the day, Real Kashmir FC scored two late goals to come back from 2-1 down and notch a crucial win over local side Ozone FC.

Ozone took the lead in the 26th minute after Robert de Souza successfully converted a penalty. Their lead didn’t last long though, with Nadong Bhutia equalising for the Srinagar-based club 13 minutes later.

In the second half, Ozone regained their lead from a goalmouth melee in the 67th minute as their forward Sabeeth Sathyan slotted the ball into the back of the net.

A goal down, Real Kashmir pushed forward in search of an equaliser, and in the 89th minute, found the back of the net through a Ritwik Das header. With just seconds left on the clock, Real Kashmir scored again, this time through Kouassi Yao, to leave the game with all three points.

Hindustan FC will next face Ozone on Sunday, while Real Kashmir will take on TRAU on the same day.

Related Post