What precautions do I need to take while travelling with an infant?
Travelling with an infant can be hectic and exhausting. You need to take ample precautions and care while travelling with an infant such as –
- If you are travelling by a car, ensure that the baby’s skin and eyes are shielded from the sun.
- Always place your baby’s car seat at the back seat of the car and it should be properly installed.
- Keep a first aid kit handy with you which has all the necessary medicines for common health issues that infants are prone to.
- Feed your baby on takeoff and after landing to keep your infant safe from the problem of earache.
- If your baby takes top feed you have to ensure that you have kept pre sterilized bottles or travel sterilizer.
- If your baby has just begun taking solid food, take the prepared food which can be given to the baby by mixing it with water and milk.
- Always keeps bibs and wet wipes handy.
- Always give boiled water to your baby while travelling.
- Take some toy or pillow that the baby is familiar with so that the baby does not feel ill at ease and gets cranky.
Besides these tips, you have to keep all the other necessities of your child with you