What is UDAAN? What is the eligibility criteria for this programme ?
Udaan is a project launched by CBSE under guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, to address the low enrollment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between school education & engineering entrance examination.
The objective is to provide a platform that empowers the girl students, facilitate their aspiration of joining the prestigious engineering institutions and take an important role in development / progress of the country in future.
Udaan is designed to provide a comprehensive platform to deserving girl students who aspire to pursue higher education in engineering and support them to prepare for the entrance examinations while studying in Classes XI and XII.
Eligibility Criteria for Selection :
- Indian citizen residing in India.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics stream
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics; for Boards which follow CGPA
- The annual family income should be less than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced) OBC (NCL) - 27 % , SC - 15 % , ST - 7.5 % PWD 3 % of seats in every category.
- All girl students studying in class XI only from KVs/ NVs/Government schools of any recognized Board in India/ CBSE affiliated Private Schools.
Benefits of this program-
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback to parents.
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology.
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students.
- Free of cost pre-loaded tablets.
- Availability of tutorials, video lectures and study material.
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centers.
For any clarification e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call at 011-23214737