What is the optimum temperature for candle pouring?
The temperature at which the candles should be poured is an important aspect of candle making and depends on a variety of factors such as
- The type of candle that is being made
- The finish that is desired
- The time of the year when the candle is being made
It is advisory that molds and containers should be preheated before pouring in them and the general pouring temperature of some candles are-
- SOY CONTAINER WAX- 120F -140F
- PARAFFIN PILLAR WAX- EXCESS OF 180F
- PARAFFIN CONTAINER WAX- 170F- 180F
And usually pouring temperature between 170F-185F is suitable or applied to most candles.