What is Big Bang Theory ?
One of the best known theories in cosmology is the Big Bang. This theory explains about how the universe began. Big Bang Theory comes from mathematical theory and models. This theory explains following phenomenon :
- The birth of Light
- Determining the age of Universe
- Gravitational waves
This theory is based on observations of our universe, among which are:
- Our universe started out much hotter and denser than it is now and has been expanding since then.
- Hubble's Law - Recessional speeds of External galaxies are proportional to the distance they are away from us. This law also gives the explanation of uniform expansion of the earth.
- The light shined about 380,000 years after the Big Bang when the free electrons met up with nuclei and created neutral atoms.This early light — sometimes called the "afterglow" of the Big Bang — is more properly known as the Cosmic microwave background (CMB).
- Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.