What changes should I make at home to control my child’s tantrums?
Children throwing tantrums is something that every household is a witness to. The parents often lose their cool when they see their children whining, crying, shouting and holding their breath unnecessarily but you have to calm yourself down and understand that this is just a common childhood phase that has to be handled with intelligence and calm.
Small changes that you can make in the household to control your child’s tantrums are:
- Be positively attentive towards your child and appreciate your child for each little effort that he/she makes.
- Keep things which are off limits away from your child’s sight and reach so that the child does not get distracted and demands it.
- Keep your child busy so that they are distracted from any tantrum that can arise due to idle mind.
- Be very firm about handing out punishment in case your child misbehaves.
- Ground your child for a set time if your child persists in showing tantrums.
These few but small tips can be effective in controlling your child’s tantrums.