What are the basic rules of the game of Volleyball ?
The Basic rules of the game of Volleyball are :
- The main objective of the game is to bat the ball with the hand or fist in a manner that it crosses over the net and reaches the opponent’s court and touches the ground or if the opponents fail to throw the ball back within three touches.
- Each team consists of 6 players.
- The court is generally 9 m wide and 18 m long and is parted equally from the center.
- The net is to be kept at a height of 2.43 and 2.24 meters for men and women tournaments respectively.
- The Attack Line is the line that is parallel to the center line at a distance of 3 meters, which apparently divides the court into the ‘back court’ and ‘front court’ areas.
- The game comprises of 5 sets and each set is usually of 25 points, or, if necessary can be played to 15 points in certain matches.