What are my rights as a photographer?
Photography involves a lot of time, passion and money and it is essential to know your legal rights as a photographer. Some of the rights that can be executed by the photographers are-
- As a photographer you have the right to take a picture of anything that is in view when you are in a public place.
- You have to abide by the rules set by the owner when you are on a private property else you might just be taken in for trespassing.
- The police officers need a warrant or legal permission to confiscate or view your digital photographs or videos .
- The police have no rights to delete your photographs or videos.
- As a photographer you have the right to take pictures but not to break any laws.
It is advisory to take permission from authorities before taking pictures of national security related buildings or monuments.