Should I not grow Holly in my yard because I have children?

Should I not grow Holly in my yard because I have children?

Answered

1 answer

Seema Rawat November 21, 2016

Yes, holly berries are poisonous, and you should not plant them if you have children in your house. Holly berries are poisonous and UNSAFE for use. Eating berries may be deadly.  The leaves can cause side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach and intestinal problems. Swallowing holly leaf may puncture the inside of the mouth and other parts of the digestive tract.
Generally speaking, children will not tend to eat plants that are poisonous simply because they do not taste good. However, sometimes bright or interesting berries, such as those on a holly or yew shrub, are interesting to children and they may be inclined to try them out. So being on safe side you should avoid planting Holly Berries in your garden. Here is the list of few more poisonous plants which you should avoid planting if you have children in your house.

#1

Please login or Register to Submit Answer