My candles smoke. How can I prevent it ?
There are several common causes of Candle Smoking. Some of these are :
1) The most common cause is a wick that is too large, and this is the first thing you should check. The size of the wick should not be too large.
2) Using petroleum jelly or blended waxes as a softening agent tends to cause smoking and excessive soot.
3) Many "One Pour" waxes in the market tend to produce a lot of soot as well.
4) Excessive amounts of scent oil and / or some low quality scent oils can cause this also.
5) Containers with a narrow neck can sometimes cause this by restricting oxygen flow to the flame. This can be corrected by switching container style.