How to make Votive Candles ?
A votive candle or prayer candle is a small candle, typically white or beeswax yellow, intended to be burnt as a votive offering in an act of Christian prayer. Here are few steps which you can follow to make the votive candles :
- Wipe the Candle moulds using Paper towel and rubbing some Alcohol.
- In order to make a hole in votive so as to insert a pre-tabbed wick after the candle is made, Place one votive wick pin in the mould.
- Use a pouring pitcher to pour the Wax in a double boiler in order to melt it.
- Add the colour of your choice and stir it well.
- When wax reaches 185 degrees, add 1 ounce Strudel and Fragrance Oil then remove from heat and Stir gently.
- At the temperature of 175 degrees, slowly pour the colored and fragranced wax into the mould. Votive wax will shrink as it cools.
- Heat the leftover wax to 190 degrees. This higher temperature will help the wax adhere to the solid and cooled votive.
- Allow your candles to cool completely.
- Remove the votive from the mould. They usually come out very easily, but if not, place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Once the candle has been removed from the mould, flip the candle over and press or tap the top of the wick pin firmly until it releases.
- Replace each wick pin with a pre-tabbed wick.