How to make a Sand Candle ?
Making a sand candle is very easy. We can divide the preparatory steps into 3 parts :
Part 1 ) Setting Up
- Choose a flat-bottomed object with smooth sides to make your mold.
- Fill a large container with damp sand.
- Press the object bottom-first into the sand
- Pull object out very carefully, so that the sand keeps the shape of your object.
- Press a tabbed wick into bottom of your mold.
- Place two sticks across the opening of your mold, one to either side of the wick.
Part 2) Heating and Pouring the Wax
- Set up a double boiler.
- Add the candle wax into the melting pot and heat it between 260°F and 275°F (126°C and 135°C)
- Pour the melted wax slowly into the sand
- Wait for your first pour of wax to set.
- Heat more wax for your second pour, this time between 175°F and 190°F (80°C and 88°C).
Part 3) Finishing the Candle
- Let the candle sit overnight.
- Remove the candle from the sand carefully the next day.
- Gently brush the excess sand off using a soft-bristled brush.
- Now the candle is ready to use