How is Yoga helpful for children?
Yoga can be helpful to children in following ways :
1) Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way
2) Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement
3) Build concentration
4) Increase their confidence and positive self-image
5) Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
6) Have an alternative to tuning out through constant attachment to electronic devices.
Special techniques like Omkar, Yoganidra can increase the concentration of mind and memory. Also the techniques like Surya Namaskara increase the physical fitness of the child.