Can Yoga help me if I want to lose weight?
Yes Yoga is very helpful if you want to lose weight. It is actually an aerobic form of exercise that proves effective if performed at a moderate speed. Weight lose is not immediate in Yoga but under strict supervision of an instructor and over a period of time you can shed off all those extra kilos you want to lose.
If you follow a strict yoga workout regime and sincerely practice it over a period of months, you might be awed by the results you see in the mirror.
There are particular asanas for every ailment in Yoga and so goes for Yoga. Your instructor will guide you regarding the asanas you have to follow to lose weight and Yoga is no primarily a weight loss program but it helps you to change your way of living.
I have listed few Asans which can help you to loose weight.
- Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- Bhekasana (Frog Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Shalabhasana (Locust Pose)
- Naukasana (Boat Pose)
- Pawanmuktasana (Wind-Releasing Pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half-Fish Pose)
- Vakrasana (Half Spinal Twist Pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
- Shirshasana (Headstand)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand)
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Virabhadrasana I (Warrior Pose)
- Utthita Hasta Padangustasana (Extended Hand-To-Big-Toe Pose)
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
- Vasisthasana (Side Plank Pose)
- Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose)
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
- Tittibhasana (Firefly Pose)
- Ardha Chakrasana (Half Wheel Pose)
- Adhomukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)